Vera Fennell Weblog
My Life in Naive Art
Vera working on ‘Leaving Bethlehem’
* Gender: Female
* Astrological Sign: Leo
* Occupation: Fine Art Naive Style
* Location: Kinka Beach : Queensland : Australia
I was born in Dolni Sucha, Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic), raised in post-war Austria and settled in Australia in 1970. I developed as a painter in Grantville, Victoria in 1978. SOLO EXHIBITIONS: Gallery Art Naïve, Melbourne; Australian Naïve Gallery Sydney;Art Horizon Gallery, Melbourne; Elgin Gallery Carlton. GROUP EXHIBITIONS: Queensland House, London; Musee L’Art Naif, Paris; Libby Edwards Gallery, Melbourne; Salon Des Arts, Melbourne; Baguette Gallery, Brisbane; Duke Gallery, Melbourne; Galerie Jeannine Blais, Canada; Galerie Je Reviens, USA;Queen Street Fine Art Gallery, Sydney; Broken Hill City Art Gallery Travelling Exhibition; Gannon House Gallery, Sydney; Art Images Gallery, Adelaide; Some Days Are Diamonds Gallery, Adelaide; Michael Commerford Gallery, Sydney; High on Art Gallery, High St., Armadale; The Gallery, Cowes, Victoria; Lauraine Diggins Fine Art; with ‘Naifs Senza Frontiere’ Modena, Italy; The Gallery,Emu Park Fine arts Society. In 2006 together with my husband Robert, a retired pharmacist, now a volunteer Tai Chi Instructor, I moved to the Queensland Capricorn Coast where I paint as much as possible and Robert teaches Tai Chi in Bell Park, Emu Park, The Bluff Picnic Area, Kemp Beach & at the Livingstone Community Development Centre.
“Naive Art” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Na%C3%AFve_art
* V Carapic: ‘Naïve Art in Australia, Canada and Europe’ Duke Gallery, Melbourne 1994.
* ‘The Melbournian’ August 1993; April 1994
* ‘Melbourne Report’, October 1992
* ‘Math and Art Book’, Houghton Muffin Company, Boston 1992.
* O.B. Merin, B. Tomasevic: ‘World Encyclopaedia of Naïve Art’, Frederick Muller, London 1984.
via Vera Fennell Weblog.